With award functions growing like weeds on every other TV channel, the entertainment industry’s oldest award ceremony the Filmfare Awards is feeling the heat.
And in a bid to maintain their exclusivity and distinction, this year the Filmfare Awards will be a small black tie event with only the crème de la crème of the industry allowed in.
Here are some major changes of Filmfare Award Fuction ….
1. For the first time in the history of Filmfare, the function will be an indoor event, the venue being the Yash Raj Studios at Andheri.
2. The venue is a complete contrast from the previous venues which were huge grounds around the city. Filfare has sent out only 700 invitations, 500 of whom will be celebrities. Also, no guests will be allowed in. The cards have the names of the celebrities embossed on them, so they won’t be transferable.
3. Another striking change in this function is that there will be no live performances. Performances will be recorded separately, interspersed with the show when it is televised.
4. The jury has both national as well as internationally renowned personalities.
5. Celebrities are asked to wear formal suits (like Oscar).
6. The black lady trophy is now in golden color.